Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users can taste Android 4.0 ICS with the release of the Neat ROM which is a customized ROM, whose UI looks like the Stock / Default ROM which not only comes with enhanced features but also with added support for many apps. There are a few bugs in the release, which will be fixed with future releases. Neat ROM is based on the UHLPS ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. You need a rooted device for it. Rooting a device will result in loss of warranty, which can be restored only by applying the stock ROM firmware. In the due course of the article, we will see the features and a detailed Video tutorial on applying this update. This update is only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 model and not for other variants
Disclaimer: If you follow all the instructions carefully, there is very less chance for your device to go wrong. In case something goes wrong, we can’t be held responsible for it.
Make sure that you carry out all the essentials and the process as mentioned by us. This process has been written by our writers at this blog and the procedure is referenced from many reliable android development forums like XDA, CM etc. We are not responsible in case you brick your device. It is highly unlikely that you brick your device, if you follow all the steps properly mentioned here.
- These Steps are only applicable for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100.
- Make sure that you backup up your ROM. You can use Nandroid for this.
- Using Contacts Backup, you can back up the other important stuff like, your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and you can backup your favourite applications using Astro.
- Fully Charge your device. We don’t want your phone to turn off during the process. That would be disastrous.
- Make sure that you disable your antivirus software, because they might interrupt the process and also make sure that you uninstall KIES before proceeding.
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development to enable USB Debugging on your device and connect the phone to your computer to make sure the device drivers are installed.
- You’ve to download Neat ROM Firmware Package to your computer
- Connect your phone to your computer and transfer the downloaded file to the root memory of your phone. You can move it to the subfolders, but root memory is recommended.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- We’ve to enter phone into recovery mode, so turn off your device. Read the next step before proceeding with the restart.
- Now press the Volume down Key along with Home Key (Middle Button) and while holding these keys, press the Power Button to enter into the recovery mode.
2. If the Phone reboots normally, then it means you’ve missed it. So, try again.
- Next, you need to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition. After doing that, Select ‘++Go Back++’ to go back to main screen of recovery menu.
- In recovery mode, select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card option. Now select Neat ROM firmware package which you’ve downloaded and moved to your phone previously. It will take few minutes to complete the installation.
- After installation is finished, select Go Back and select the reboot system now option to complete the process.
So, you’re done with the update. If you face any issues, do let us know via comments.