Snapchat is a photo- and video-centric app. You can easily view your Snapchat conversations in chronological order as they happened or based on when they last interacted. It has a feature of filters that enables different effects like unique stickers, text, overlays, and filters.
Snapchat, like Instagram, Whatsapp, and Facebook, is a popular social media app available worldwide. Snapchat has reached new heights in just a few years of its launch. Today, it has almost 90 million users in 188 countries.
Has your Snapchat been temporarily locked? And you want to fix this issue. Keep reading this article before trying to unlock Snapchat and get back your locked Snapchat account.
Before taking any step, you know why your Snapchat is locked. Do not skip anything. Otherwise, your Snapchat account may be permanently closed. Let’s explore the article in detail without wasting extra time.
Why does Snapchat lock my account?
You may have the same problem. That is, your Snapchat account was locked for any kind of issues. If you feel your account is locked due to any reason. Here are some possible reasons which can make your Snapchat account locked-
- You may have sent too many snaps in a short period of time.
- You may have entered your Snapchat password too many times.
- You may have tried to log in from a new device.
- You may have changed your password too many times.
- Your Snapchat account may be temporarily locked for security reasons.
- You may be because you have violated the app’s terms of service.
- You may have sent spam or inappropriate content or used a fake name.
- Snapchat may have detected unusual activity on your account.
How to Prevent Your Snapchat Account From Being Locked?
There are a few things you can do to prevent your Snapchat account from being locked-
- Avoid using third-party apps or websites to log into your Snapchat account.
- Don’t share your login information with anyone.
- Don’t use your Snapchat account to engage in illegal or harmful activities.
- Don’t use your Snapchat account to spam other users.
- Don’t use unauthorized plugins or extensions.
How long will my Snapchat be temporarily locked?
No matter why Snapchat blocked or locked your account, you might get shocked and puzzled about how long your Snapchat will be locked. It depends on how long you have been locked out and why you have been locked out.
- At most times, Snapchat is temporarily locked by minor causes, and it takes several hours to days to get back or unlock your account.
- Serious causes can permanently lock Snapchat. In this case, the Snapchat team will give you a permanent ban on Snapchat services, and there is no way to unlock your Snapchat account.
How To Unlock a Snapchat Account?
Remove All Third-Party Snapchat Plugins and Apps
If you have any third-party apps or plugins installed on your phone that are used to access Snapchat, you should remove them and see if your Snapchat account is still locked.
- You can remove these apps by going to your phone’s Settings, then selecting Apps or Application Manager section. From here, find the Snapchat plugin or app and choose Uninstall, then confirm that you want to remove it.
- After you’ve removed all third-party Snapchat plugins or apps, try to log into your Snapchat account again. If it’s still locked, try the next method below.
Reinstall the Snapchat App
Sometimes a bug or glitch in the app can lead to your Snapchat account being locked. You should try to reinstall the app as the first step to fix the lock. This will help clear any bugs that might be causing the issue.
- You can make sure to back up your Snapchat data before uninstalling the app. Restart your device. Before you uninstall the Snapchat app, you can try restarting your device.
- This will help clear any temporary glitches that might be causing the lock. If you are still facing the same issue, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Get in Touch with Snapchat’s Customer Service
If you are still facing this issue, Snapchat’s customer support is arguably the fastest way to discover why your account was locked.
- If you want to get in touch with Snapchat’s customer service, you can do so via the app’s support page. You can also find a link to this page in the app’s settings menu.
- Once you’re on the support page, you’ll see a list of frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on the Submit a request button.
- On the next page, you’ll need to enter your email address, full name, and the subject of your request. You can then type your message in the box provided and hit the Submit button.
- Snapchat should then get back to you within a few hours.
- Can You Hide Your Snap Score? How to Hide It?
- How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat?
- What Does SB Mean on Snapchat?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get snapchat unlock codes for free?
No, there is no way to get snapchat unlock codes for free.
Will Snapchat Unlock work with the latest version of Snapchat?
Yes, Snapchat Unlock is compatible with the latest version of Snapchat.
How do I know if I have been locked out of Snapchat?
If you have been locked out of Snapchat, you will see a message saying, You are locked out of Snapchat. Please try again later. If you see this message, your account has been temporarily locked. This usually happens when you try to log in with the wrong password or when you try to log in with a different device. If you see this message, you should try to log in again later.
Here we end this article. This article is based on the information presented, unlocking Snapchat is possible. We are provided Several methods and tricks, but it is ultimately up to the individual to determine what works best for them.
Let’s ask me in the comment section if you have any issues.