Snapchat is the name of a popular app that makes a virtual camera available for anyone to take pictures. Users send those pictures through the app to a group of friends or all of them, and those pictures are saved on their devices. The Snapchat app works in such a way that when you snap a snapshot, it automatically disappears from your device after a set amount of time.
The app was initially released to send disappearing photos and videos but has since expanded its features to include filters, geofilters, and lenses. Snapchat has become extremely popular, especially among teenagers and young adults.
This post will show you different ways to hide your snap score from friends and unknown people. We also discuss some important information that you should know about snapchat.
What is the Snap score on Snapchat?
Snapchat has a feature called Snap score, a numerical score assigned to each user on Snapchat. The Score is based on the number of snaps a user has sent and received and the number of snaps a user has viewed.
Your Snapchat score is the number that appears next to your username on Snapchat. There is no other publicly available information about someone’s Snapchat score.
Can You Hide Your Snap Score?
You can hide your Snap score from your profile page, but there is no way to hide it from other people who can see your profile, but you can hide your snap score from your profile or from specific friends.
How to Hide Snap Scores from the Public?
If you want to hide your Snap Score from the Public, you have come to the right place. In this post, we will be showing you how to do just that. To hide your Snap Score from the public, you must ensure that your account is private. To do this, follow the steps below-
- First, Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- You will redirect to the main screen of snapchat.
- After that, navigate to the settings icon and click on it.
- The next step is to tap on the account action tab.
- Now, Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and tap on the manage button.
- After that, tap on the privacy option.
- The last step is to Scroll down to the snapchat score section and toggle the everyone option to my friends.
- That’s it. Your Snapchat score will now be hidden from public view.
How To Hide Your Snapchat Score From A Specific Friend
You can also hide your Snapchat score from a specific friend. Follow these simple steps –
- The first step is to Open the Snapchat app and log into your account (email, mobile number, etc.)
- When you successfully log in, tap on the Snapchat icon at the top of the screen and select my friends.
- Next, Locate the friend who you want to hide your Snapchat score from and hold your finger on their name.
- After that, choose the remove friend or block option.
- Now, your Snapchat score will be hidden when you view their Snapchat story or message them.
How To Hide Your Snapchat Score From Everyone
There is no possible way to conceal your Snapchat score from anyone. However, there are ways to keep your Snapchat score from increasing.
Anyways, One way to do this is to delete the Snapchat app from your phone and then reinstall it. When you reinstall the app, you can start with a new account or log in with an existing one. Choose the option to start with a new account. This will reset your Snapchat score to zero.
What are the tips to Increase your Snapchat Score?
There are a few things you can do to increase your Snapchat score. Some of them are written below-
- Post regularly: The more you post, the more your Score will increase.
- Send snaps: Every snap you send adds one point to your Snapchat score.
- Receive snaps: Every snap you receive adds one point to your Snapchat score.
- Open snaps: When you open a snap, you get two points.
- Add friend: You get one point when you add someone as a friend on Snapchat.
- Post stories: Every time you post a story, you get one point.
- Play Snapchat games: There are a few games that you can play within the app, and by playing these games, you can earn points and increase your Score.
- Follow celebrity users: Many celebrities have Snapchat accounts, and you can score major points by following them.
You may also like to read: How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat?
Frequently Asked Questions?
What are the advantages of hiding your Snapchat Score?
There are many advantages to hiding your Snapchat score. Some of the benefits are that it will help you to stay anonymous, it will help to protect your privacy, and it will also help you to avoid any negative feedback or comments from other users.
How do you find out someone’s Snapchat score?
You can view someone’s Snapchat score by adding them as friends and viewing their profile. The Snapchat score will be displayed underneath their username.
What is the highest Snapchat score in 2020?
In 2020, the highest Snapchat score in the world belonged to @sillyblackguy, who has over 6 million.
What happens when you delete your Snapchat account?
When you delete your Snapchat account, all your snaps, messages, and other data will be permanently deleted. So, you need to be careful when you delete your Snapchat account.
This article taught you how to hide your snap score while you can hide your snap score from some people, but it is not possible to hide it from everyone.
We hope it helps, as we have added everything you need to know to hide your snap score. The comment section is open if you have something else to ask.