TikTok is a short-video social platform powered by music. It is a global video community powered by music. Making friends through video sharing is easy and fun. TikTok has a friendly community that encourages users to be themselves and express their creativity through videos.
Tiktok is available on iOS and Android devices. TikTok has been growing in popularity, especially among young people, and has been used for a variety of purposes, such as creating comedy sketches, lip-syncing videos, and dance routines.
If you are a TikTok user and wish to change your Date of birth or age? This post is for you.
Things to remember before the change your age on TikTok
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you change your age on TikTok-
- Your age will be visible to other users on the app.
- If you are under 18, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission to change your age on TikTok.
- Once you change your age on TikTok, you will not be able to change it back.
- Keep in mind that some of the content on TikTok may not be appropriate for children under the age of 13.
- You will need to be at least 13 years old to create a TikTok account.
- Keep in mind that your age change will be reflected across all of your social media platforms.
How to Change Your Age on TikTok?
This is a short and straightforward guide that will help you change your age on your TikTok account.
- First, open the TikTok app on your smartphone and log in to your account using your phone number or email address.
- Now click on the Me button present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Here you will see your account’s profile photo, name, username, and bio information.
- Then, tap the three-line icon present in the top right corner.
- Here you will see a list of many services. Select the settings and privacy option.
- After that, scroll down and choose the report with a problem option under support.
- Next, click on the account and profile option under the topics section.
- From there, select the editing profile menu and then tab the others option.
- After that, do you need more help?
- A new page will open. Here, you need to type something along the lines of updating my birthday details on my account as the current detail is incorrect, share some ID to prove your actual birthday date, and click on the report button.
- That’s it. Now, wait for a response email from the TikTok team.
How to reset your TikTok Password?
- First of all, open the TikTok app and tap on the Me section.
- Now, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- After that, here you will see a list of service options.
- Choose the privacy and safety option.
- Then, Tap on the Reset password option.
- After that, Enter your email address or phone number associated with your TikTok account and tab to send.
- Now, you will receive an email or text message with a link to reset your password.
- Check your email or phone for a password reset link.
- After that, open the reset link, enter a new password twice, and click the confirm button.
- Finally, you will reset your password successfully.
How to change your TikTok username?
If you would like to vary your TikTok username, follow the steps below-
- First, open your app and tap the profile icon at the bottom.
- You will redirect to the home screen. Click on the three lines at the top left of the corner.
- After clicking on the three lines at the top left of the corner, a menu will open. Click on Edit Profile.
- Once you click on edit profile, a new page will open, in which you have to click on the pen icon at the top.
- After clicking on the pen icon, a pop-up will open, in which you have to enter your new username.
- After entering the new username, click on the checkmark icon at the top right.
- Now, you will be asked if you want to change your username.
- Enter your new username (you can also change your name, profile photo, and bio here.
- Then click on the option.
- That’s it. You will change your username successfully.
Also read: Can you See who Shared your TikTok?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is TikTok safe for 13-year-olds?
TikTok is considered safe for 13-year-olds. However, some videos may not be appropriate for all audiences. If you are concerned about the content of some videos, you can use the app’s parental controls to restrict access to certain videos.
At what age can I send and receive TikTok gifts?
You must be at least 16 years old to send and receive gifts on TikTok.
Is it necessary to complete TikTok age verification?
There is no official age verification process for TikTok. However, the app is intended for users ages 13 and up, and TikTok’s Community Guidelines state that TikTok will remove inappropriate content for younger users.
Why is TikTok so popular?
There are many reasons why TikTok is so popular. Some of the reasons include that it is a short-form video app, is easy to use, and has a wide range of content.
TikTok is an international version of Douyin, launched initially in the Chinese market in September 2016. Since its launch in 2016, TikTok/Douyin has rapidly gained popularity in East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the United States, Turkey, Russia, and other parts of the world. As of October 2021, TikTok has over 900 million active users worldwide.
The article provides a good overview of how to change your age on TikTok. We cover the basics of how to do so and some of the more advanced methods.
We hope this information will be helpful for our readers. If you have any post questions, you can ask me in the comment section.