Microsoft just dropped a new Surface laptop at its Educational event in New York couple of days ago. Made primary for educational purposes for schools and colleges. It’s a stunning new hardware from Microsoft following the trend of the surface products. It’s lightweight, thin and looks incredible. Let’s talk about what it brings to the table.
The specifications are
• 13.5 inch Pixel Sense display with 10 point multi touch
• 7th gen intel core i5/i7
• 4GB/8GB/16GB of RAM
• 128 GB/256 GB/512 GB of Solid State Drive Storage
• 720 p front camera with Windows Hello Iris Scanner
• Comes preloaded with Windows 10S upgradeable to Windows 10 Pro
• Backlit keyboard
• Available in four colours : Burgundy, Graphite gold, Cobalt blue, Platinum silver.
Microsoft has hit the bulls eye with this. They will be taking on chrome books with this device. One great advantage they have is it can run full windows apps if you upgrade it to Windows 10 pro, which could be done for free.
This Surface laptop is 14.47 mm at its thickest tapering down to just 9.9 mm. It weighs just 2.76 pounds which is incredibly light. The keyboard base uses a brand new material known as Alcantara. It gives the feel of premium leather to the keyboard base. The precision pad is as in any of the surface devices. This device is starts at 999 USD which is a fair price considering the premium quality of the product. Huge win for Microsoft over Google if they happen to market this Surface good and make it available all over the globe.