Snapchat is a social media app that offers users to send photos and videos that disappear after viewing them. Snapchat was created by Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy in 2011, and it has since become one of the most famous social media apps.
The Snapchat app also allows users to record their reactions to snaps and save them for later viewing. This can be especially useful for people who want to remember what they were doing when they received an important message or share moments with friends without accidentally deleting something important from their phone history.
Snapchat is available on both IOS and Android devices and can be used on computers with web browsers if you are a snapchat user and want to make your snapchat public profile. This is the right article for you. In this article, we provide IOS and Android ways to help to make a public profile on snapchat. Therefore without wasting further time, let’s explore the article.
What is a public profile on Snapchat?
In Snapchat is a Public profile you share with the whole world. This means anyone with access to Snapchat can see your public profile, even if you’re not following them. You can send snaps to your friends and followers, as well as view their snaps.
A public account can be a great way to connect with like-minded people and build a community. This can be useful for promoting your business or website, but it can also be a privacy risk.
Who can make a public profile on Snapchat?
Snapchat offers a public profile option to any user that meets the following criteria-
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have been a Snapchat user for at least two weeks.
- You must have a provided verified phone number and must have uploaded at least 1 Snapchat Story
- You must have logged into Snapchat at least once in the past two weeks
- You must be allowed to continue public posting.
If you meet all of the above criteria, you can turn on your Snapchat public profile.
Why Use Snapchat Public Profiles?
Snapchat public profiles are helpful because they help you to better connect with your audience. By creating a public profile, you can share your snaps with a broader audience and connect with Snapchatters who might not be following you otherwise.
Public profiles can help you to build a more substantial Snapchat presence. The more followers you have, the more likely people will see and engage with your content. This can help you to grow your brand and reach a larger audience.
If someone is interested in your brand or content, they can search for you on Snapchat and add you as a friend. Snapchat public profiles are a great way to promote your brand or business without spending money. You can use them to generate leads and sales or get your name out there.
Also read: How to Send a Picture as a Snap? (Snapchat Process)
How to Create a Public Profile on Snapchat on an IOS device?
Follow these steps to Create a Public Profile on Snapchat on an IOS device-
- The first step is tapping the Snapchat app icon, which resembles a white ghost on a yellow background.
- After that, you will redirect to the home screen. Here tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner to access your settings.
- Now, scroll down and click on the Public profile section.
- After that, select create a public profile and then tab to get started.
- Now, on-screen, you will see a disclaimer. Read this disclaimer and tap on the create option.
- Now, snapchat will take you back to your setting page. Under the public profiles section, select the My public profile option.
- Here, anything you post will be visible to everybody.
How to Create a Public Profile on Snapchat on an android device?
- First, open the Snapchat app on your android device.
- Now, tap on the profile icon in the top left corner.
- Here, you will see your profile information.
- At the bottom, you will see the option to edit your profile and tap on it.
- Now, under the spotlight & snap map section, click on the three-dot sign, then add to spotlight.
- After that, select the option to create a public profile.
- Here, you will see information about your name in the spotlight. Tap continues to make a public profile.
- After that, you need to click the get started option.
- Now, you will have a disclaimer on the screen. Click to create.
- Once you have created a public profile, you will return to the setting page.
- Now, you will see a new selection of Public profiles.
- Tap my public profile to view your public profile.
- Here, anything posted will be visible to everybody.
- That’s it. You will successfully Create your snapchat public profile.
How to Delete Your Public Profile on snapchat?
- Open your Snapchat app and log into your account.
- After that, tap on your profile icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and tap the Manage button under the Additional Services section.
- After that, Tap delete the public profile.
- Once your public account is deleted (you will delete all your public profile content)
- That’s it. Your Snapchat account will now be deleted, and you will no longer have a public profile on the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information will be visible on my public profile?
Your public profile on Snapchat will include your username, display name, profile picture, and a brief description of yourself.
How can I make my public profile more interesting?
You can make your public profile more interesting by adding a profile picture representing you and by writing a brief description of yourself that highlights your interests and hobbies.
So here, we end this article. In this article, we discuss creating a public profile on Snapchat is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. We hope this information will be helpful to our readers.
You can ask me freely in the comment section if you have any doubts without hesitation.