When you launch a new website, the first goal is to build decent amount of traffic. In addition, you need to do your best to gain the trust of these online users to make them regular visitors of your site and eventually turn their visits into successful sales. In this article, we will share some tips.
- Do overall quality assurance check every month – first and foremost, it is advisable to do overall quality assurance testing whether your products, services or overall performance of your website. You should check that all CTA buttons are working fine, all details are up to date and if you are running an e-commerce site that your payment system are working with no error. You should check all details to ensure that you are providing the highest quality of service to your customers.
- Have an SSL certificate – online users are very careful on websites they trust. They want to make sure that the site is secured so one of the first things that they check is if it has SSL certificate that indicates that data they will enter is safe and secured.
- Provide different channels to contact you – you should include phone number, email address and office address wherein customers can contact you for any concerns about their orders or in case they have questions. It would also be great to have a Live Chat feature on your site to assist them with their concerns.
- Publish a step-by-step guide how your site operates – it is also recommendable to prepare a step-by-step guide that will help them know what to do – how to sign up, order, pay and receive their order and how to contact you in case they have problem. You can do this whether in a video format, article or infographics.
- Update your site regularly – it is also important to always update your website with new products, posts, images, or others. Online users can be easily suspicious when the site hasn’t been updated in a while so you must always come up with something new.
- Check the loading speed – you also need to make sure that your website is hosted and managed by reliable hosting service company to ensure that it runs smoothly with zero to low down time. You need to ensure that your site is always up and running especially during peak hours wherein customers usually flood to your site. Sometimes, a website slows down or even crash down when there are too many visitors and that’s why you need to assess site’s volume of traffic so you can increase bandwidth and ensure that the site loads fast. Users really hate a slow-loading website so you should definitely check this.
These tips will help you keep your customers happy and satisfied. Your success largely depends on their trust and approval so you must always do your best. Once you have proven to be a trustworthy website, traffic and sales will surely increase.