The Cyanogen Mod 10 is now available for a plethora of devices now and in the next few days we will be seeing how to install it in all the devices for which this CM10 has been rolled out for. Through this article we will be seeing how to apply the Android 4.1 Jellybean based Custom ROM in Samsung Vibrant T959 device. Android 4.1 Jellybean is not only faster but also comes with many added features than its previous versions. So, in short, it will be faster and smoother and supports added functionalities. There won’t be any official update for the Samsung Vibrant T959. But, Cyanogen MOD developers have come up with the first Android 4.1 JellyBean based ROM. There might be some bugs as this is an early build, which will be fixed with newer releases. Make sure your phone is rooted and has the custom recovery image. If you are not sure that your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store and check it.
Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions mentioned, carefully. If you do, there is very less chance of your device getting bricked. If it does, we can’t be held responsible for that. Please don’t apply this update to a network locked device, else you may lock or even brick the device.
Make sure that you carry out all the essentials and the process as mentioned by us. This process has been written by our writers at this blog and the procedure is referenced from many reliable android development forums like XDA, CM etc. We are not responsible in case you brick your device. It is highly unlikely that you brick your device, if you follow all the steps properly mentioned here.
- These Steps are only applicable for Samsung Vibrant T959.
- Make sure that you backup up your ROM. You can use Nandroid for this.
- Using Contacts Backup, you can back up the other important stuff like, your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and you can backup your favourite applications using Astro.
- Fully Charge your device. We don’t want your phone to turn off during the process. That would be disastrous.
- Make sure that you disable your antivirus software, because they might interrupt the process and also make sure that you uninstall KIES before proceeding.
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development to enable USB Debugging on your device and connect the phone to your computer to make sure the device drivers are installed.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and custom recovery image is installed before you’re following the below mentioned steps.
- You’ve to download the CM10 firmware Package and Kernel to your computer
- Connect your phone to your computer and transfer the downloaded files to the root memory of your phone. You can move it to the subfolders, but root memory is recommended.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- We’ve to enter phone into recovery mode, so turn off your device. Read the next step before proceeding with the restart.
- Now press the Volume up Key and while holding this key, press the Power Button to enter into the recovery mode.
2. If the Phone reboots normally, then it means you’ve missed it. So, try again.
- In recovery mode, select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card option. Now select CM10 firmware Package which you’ve downloaded and moved to your phone previously. It will take few minutes to complete the installation.
- After the ROM is installed, follow this step once again by selecting the option of install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card option and there, select the Kernel which you moved to your phone earlier and as you select it, the installation would get started.
- After installation is finished, select Go Back and select the reboot system now option to complete the process.
So, you’re done with the update. If you face any issues, do let us know via comments.