Security should be the top priority of every blog owner. No matter what your blog is all about, you shouldn’t neglect the security strength of your site. If your site is based on WordPress, then you should be more and more careful. Since WordPress is an open source; it’s highly vulnerable to all sort of attacks. However, you can’t directly blame WordPress for that, because it’s just your fault. It’s your responsibility, and you should take care of your site’s security no matter which CMS you are using. Well, if you are not able to figure out what to do with your site’s security, then here are a few simple tricks and tips which will help you to secure your WordPress hosting website. So, without wasting any further time in the introduction, let’s dive into the topic right away.
Simple Tricks to Secure Your WordPress Hosting Website
- Change The Login Page URL: The default login page URL of a WordPress based site should www.yoursite.com/wp-admin. Well, anyone can open up the login page and try to hop into your site by doing attacks like Brute Force. So what you have to do here is just change the login URL to something different. It’ll help you in hiding the login page of your site.
- Limit Login Attempts: Limiting the login attempts can also help you in securing your site. Whenever a user fails to login with repetitive wrong passed, the site gets locked. And the site owner will get a notification regarding this. In order to create such restriction, you can try out the iThemes Security plugin; it’s really simple and easy. Just download the plugin and follow the instructions.
- Upgrade To HTTPS: If possible, upgrade your site from HTTP to HTTPS right away. It will help you to stay secure from hackers. Well, what HTTPS does is encryption the connection between your web server and web browser. Migrating to HTTPS may you cost a little bit of money, but it’s totally worth having an HTTPS connection.
- Update Theme And Plugins: Every blog on the web have installed plugins and themes which will help their blogs to become more productive. Well, outdated plugins and themes can increase the chances of getting hacked as they contain vulnerabilities which can be exploited by attackers. Keeping all the plugins and themes updated is the best thing you could do to increase the security of your site.
- Play With Passwords: This is the basic thing which you should do right after starting the blog. Never use passwords which contain details about your name, address or anything related to you. Just use the random words and signs, and make the password super strong.
Well, that’s all up for this article. These were the best tricks which will help you to secure your WordPress based site or blog. Just in case if you have any queries regarding the security, then feel free to comment them below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.