Studying languages, such as Hindi or English requires more than merely memorizing the chapters. Right from the understanding syllabus to grammar is necessary. Class 10 Hindi comprises four books that are Kshitij, Kritika, Sparsh, and Sanchayan. The chapters presented in the textbook are very easy and can be read like a story. The solutions are well given in the textbooks and you can also choose NCERT books for more support. To understand how you can score above 90 percent, read ahead.
Benefits of using NCERT books
- The exercises solutions containing the answers are in simple language and the words used are very simple. One can easily understand and learn the answers quickly.
- The solutions are planned and prepared by experts having meticulous knowledge about the subject.
- There is no question of any confusion or misguidance.
- The solutions are based on the latest CBSE curriculum, which is regularly updated.
- The practice exercises and the sample papers given are very helpful.
- There are some important questions given at the end of each chapter which students can practise and get the idea of formatting the answers systematically.
- With the help of NCERT solutions, students can reduce their preparation time. They don’t have to waste their time searching for the answers. Both long and short answers are very appropriately written.
Other Tips To Score Well
Scoring 90% in class 10 Hindi is not difficult if proper planning is done. The first step is to manage your time. Have a study plan to complete the syllabus completely and allot enough time to understand the concept and the stories of each chapter.
Start your preparation early
Time can be managed well only if you start early. This will be very easy for your preparation as you will have ample time and can manage different topics thoroughly.
It is very important to have a study plan where you understand all the syllabus and the contents. While preparing the study plan, know the areas in which you are strong and also know where you have to put more effort and time. Knowing this will be easier to manage the time. It is not just enough that you have a timetable but following it strictly is also very important. Your timetable must have three parts- Studies, revisions, and solving question papers.
Reading and writing
Read the chapters and slowly analyze the words and the sentences used. Doing this will help you realize the better way to answer the questions relevantly. Once you have read the chapters, interpret the summary and try to write the main important points from the chapter.
Too many books
It is very obvious that when you discuss the subject with your friends everyone has different views and ideas. Some will refer to one book and others will refer to something else. Therefore, the point here is to never refer to too many books. Each book has its way of representing answers and the contents. This will just create confusion and will not help you in any way. You should refer to the NCERT solutions and stick to the same. The question paper is prepared from the NCERT books too, so that’s a benefit.
Solving the sample papers
Once you have studied the chapters and are confident, try to answer the sample papers following the rules and the timeframe you would during the exam. This will help you to get an idea of how the paper would be and also the type of questions and marks for each. Remember, don’t just fill the lines with non-relevant content. Once you have completed the question paper you can compare your answers with NCERT to know your progress.
Every student will have weak areas and it is natural. Try to understand the exact point that is making you weak and how you can improve because there is always room for improvement. Now, you must have already completed the syllabus, so, when you completely learn the depth of your weak areas and rectify them, it will only make you stronger.
Method of Reading the poems
While reading poems, try to understand them. And when it comes to answering questions about poetry, use simple words so the mistake will be minimised. Don’t try to memorize it instead, check the meaning of whichever part you are finding difficult and try to understand them better.
Lessen the screen time
Everyone uses mobile phones or television for some entertainment. It might be difficult but be strict with screen time especially while studying and also don’t be with your mobile phones before the exam. Give time for revision.
While learning grammar, give importance to the basics and practice from the exercises. Also, the practise questions from the NCERT must be solved. This will prepare you with the basic concepts and makes you recognize the usage of each in a particular context.
Things to do on the day of the exam
- Have proper breakfast and be on time
- Don’t discuss your subject or any answers with your friends and get confused, you can do that after the exam
- Check your stationery and make sure you have everything you need
- Once you get the question paper read it carefully
- Start answering calmly
- If you are stuck with an answer, don’t panic, instead, go for the other answers
- Once you have completed all the answers, you can move to the next answer and come back to it later
- Let your answer sheet be neat and maintain good writing
- Underline the titles wherever it is required
- Once you complete the paper don’t be in a hurry to rush out. Give time to review your answer sheet
These are the simple exam hacks to score 90% in Class 10 Hindi. Remember, make a proper study plan, know the syllabus and the contents. Then understand your strong and weak points so the time can be managed accordingly. Finally, don’t stress and keep your calm.