You must have noticed that PCs are getting slower lately due to some applications. It is because of some applications you do not use frequently. You are not alone in the list. Many people reported such an issue over the internet. Many people reported an unwanted running program ‘ehprivjob.exe.’ which takes up significant PC resources.
This ends up slowing down the computer. For instance, this application is a process of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. Therefore, we are adding this article for people who want to know the process for deleting this application.
Let’s not waste time and get into the solution.
What is a Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
You must have heard about the Windows Media Center? Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is a part of it. Windows Media Center runs scheduled tasks periodically for scanning the devices attached to the computer for the TV tuner.
For instance, it lets you watch the premium digital cable channels straight into the computer. But, the only problem with this application is, it is always found running in the background for scanning the devices attached with the computer for TV tuning.
This application takes a very large percentage of CPU usage. This ends up slowing down the computer. Therefore, it is often better to uninstall and remove this application. You can check out the removal process below.
Important note: Before removing this application, just cross-check the task manager and check out if this is the main culprit behind the high CPU usage. If not, then consider checking out the other culprits.
How to Remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Removing this program is not easy as it seems. But, nothing is impossible. We have added two different ways from which you can remove this program from your computer. Let’s have a look at those methods.
Windows Features – 1
- First, one needs to launch the RUN program by pressing the ‘Windows + R.’ key in the computer.
- When the dialogue box gets opened, type ‘appwiz.cpl.’ then press the enter button.
- You now have to click on turn windows features on or off.
- Just expand the drop-down menu consisting of Windows Media.
- Remove the checkpoints to the media player.
- After that, confirm the action by pressing it twice.
- That’s all.
- The background process will now get stopped.
You may also like to read, How to Download Hotstar Movie Videos from PC
Registry Editor – 2
Deleting any program from the registry editor ensures that the application has been completely removed from the computer. Let’s check out the process;
- First, open the start menu and type ‘Regedit.’
- You now have to right-click on it and run the program as an administrator.
- In the next window, just navigate to the (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\).
- Look for the folder containing Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
- Just delete it.
- After that, navigate to this address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui) and delete any unwanted files related to the application.
- Once it gets done, just restart the computer.
- That’s all. Your application is now permanently removed from the computer.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is a part of Windows Media Center that runs scheduled tasks periodically for scanning the devices attached to the computer for the TV tuner. Your PC might be getting slower due to the high CPU usage conducted by the background process of this application.
The only reason we have added this article is for people who were looking for the guide to remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application from the computer. Here, we have added everything related to it. We hope it helps.