Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular and reliable email service used by millions and millions of people all around the world on their computers. The outlook service is primarily used only for sending and receiving emails from various other sources that you might be linked with. Apart from that, you can also manage your personal information or data with the help of Microsoft Outlook.
There are a lot of things that you can do with Microsoft Outlook, for instance, you can manage your Calander dates, Contacts, Manage Notes, etc. A lot of people use it basically to send and receive emails from their colleagues, friends, etc since it’s easy to use. Unfortunately, Outlook has its own issues that can, sometimes, prevent you from sending emails to others.
One of the most common errors faced by a lot of Outlook express users is “[pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]“, chances are, you must have faced this issue as well. Well, today, in this article, we’re going to discuss more about this error and how you can easily fix it on your Outlook Express account. So, let’s go ahead and dive into the topic without wasting any further time.
Why Am I Facing This Issue In Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook has always been the best option for sending and receiving emails. But, that doesn’t mean, it is free from issues and bugs, although, they are quite rare, but they do occur. Mostly, the errors faced by Outlook express users while sending emails looks something like this.
Error no: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Well, we are not sure of the exact cause of this error, since there could be a lot of factors that could have lead to this error. As per the sources and a little bit of research, we’ve found that errors like this happen whenever there is a conflict with the SMTP server or if the preferences set by you aren’t valid. The error is known for preventing users from sending any emails to others from their accounts.
You can only receive and check emails if the issue isn’t fixed. Fortunately, it’s s a common issue that can be fixed with a few simple settings on your PC. Go ahead with the article to know solutions for fixing this error on your PC.
How To Fix This Error In Your Outlook Express Account?
There are actually a lot of solutions for errors like this, and most of the time, the issue is resolved within a few seconds. We’ve outlined all the solutions that you can try out on your PC in order to fix this issue with your Outlook express. Go ahead and perform the below mentioned solutions to get the issue resolved on your PC.
Method #1:- Fix Using Auto Repair Tool On Windows
In case if you didn’t know, there is an auto repair tool on your Windows that can diagnose a program and fix the issues if there are any. Using this method, you can easily fix the Outlook application on your PC and get the error resolved. The steps for using the auto repair tool on Windows are as follows.
- Go ahead and right click on the “Start” or Windows” icon located on your desktop.
- In the context menu, select the “Control Panel” option and wait for it to open up.
- Select the “Programs and Features” option located at the right side in the Control Panel.
- On the next screen, you will find a list of all the programs installed on your PC.
- Find the “Microsoft Outlook” application from the list to proceed further.
- Click on the “Edit” option situated at the top of the window and select the “Repair” option.
- The repair tool will automatically fix all the issues in the application, that’s all.
Once the issue has been fixed, you should be able to start sending emails to others like before without any issues. This method works in most of the cases, in case if you still see the error, then go ahead with the next solution.
Method #2:- Review Server Requirements On Your PC
In order to send emails from your Outlook account, you need to make sure that you have set the correct preferences in settings. Go ahead and follow these steps properly to fix the error on your PC.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your PC to begin the process.
- Click on the “File” option in the application and wait for the next screen to appear.
- Navigate to “Account Settings” and select the “email” tab in the next window.
- Go ahead and select your main Outlook account from the list in the window.
- Click on the “More Settings” option and open up the “Internet Mail Setting” option.
- Go to the General tab in the next window and my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- Save the settings by clicking on the “OK” option in the same window.
Now the issue must have been fixed, you can try sending emails to others from your Outlook express account and see if the issue still remains.
Method #3:- Configure Port Numbers Correctly On Your PC
If the above mentioned two methods do not work, then the port numbers in the Outlook application must have been configured improperly. In that case, you will have to manually review and change the port numbers on your PC. Go ahead and perform these steps properly.
- Once again, open up the Microsoft Outlook application on your PC.
- Click on the “File” option and head over to the “Account Settings” option.
- In the Account Settings, click on the “email” option and choose your main account from the list.
- Within a few seconds, a new window will pop up, you need to select the “Advanced” option in it.
- Locate the SMPT port number in the window and change the number to 587.
- Confirm the changes and click on the “OK” option to save the settings.
Now simply restart the Microsoft Outlook application and you will no longer face the error while sending emails to other users from your account. This method will definitely fix the error and you should be able to start using Outlook as usual on your PC.
Microsoft Outlook has a lot of issues when it comes to sending emails, sometimes, you might run into issues that prevent you from accessing emails. Luckily, most of these errors or issues can be fixed easily with just a couple of tweaks in the settings. We hope the solutions shared in this article helped you in fixing the issues, make sure to share it with others who might be facing similar errors on their PC. Comment down below if you need help with anything else.