A couple of days, the Government Of India had banned plenty of Chinese applications, including the most popular video-sharing platform, TikTok. After the official statement by the Government, the TikTok has been removed from the Google Play Store for Indians. Meaning, you will no longer find the TikTok app in the Google Play Store as long as you’re in India, Therefore, a lot of users have started searching for ways to install the TikTok App on their devices.
If you’re in India and want to install the TikTok App on your device, then you will have to first download its Apk file and perform a manual installation. If you don’t know how to install an Apk file or unaware of the steps, then go ahead with the article and perform the steps mentioned in the below guide.
What are the requirements?
There are no specific requirements to install the TikTok App as long as your device is running the Android OS. However, make sure you have the following requirements on your device to install the TikTok Apk.
- An active and stable internet connection to download the TikTok Apk file.
- Your android device should be running on 4.4 or higher version of android.
- At least 100 MB of free storage space on your device to install the Apk.
If you have all the above-mentioned requirements, then go ahead and follow the below steps to download and install the TikTok Apk on your android device.
How To Download TikTok Apk On Android Devices
Following the ban of 59 Chinese apps by the Government Of India, including TikTok, the app has gone missing from the Google Play Store as well. However, there is still a way you can get the app on your android device. You can follow these steps to download and install the TikTok Apk on your android device.
- First of all, you need to download the Apk file of the TikTok app on your android device from here.
- Meanwhile, Open up the Settings app on your device and proceed to the “Developer Options”.
- Scroll down a bit to find the “Installations From Uknown Sources” option, make sure to enable it.
- Now locate the Apk file of TikTok by going into the Downloads folder of your device.
- Tap on the Apk file and select the “Install” to confirm the installation of the TikTok app.
- That’s all, now you just have to wait for the installation of the app to complete on your device.
- That’s it.
After the successful installation, the app would appear on your home screen or app drawer. Simply launch the app and grant the required permissions to start using it on your android device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:- Is it safe to install TikTok Apk on Android devices?
A:- Yes, it’s completely safe to install the TikTok app on your android device using the Apk file. Make sure to download the Apk file from the above-mentioned link only.
Q:- I’m unable to use the TikTok Apk on my device, what to do?
A:- The app officially has been banned by the Government Of India, therefore, you cannot use it on your device. You will need to change your IP using a VPN to access and use the TikTok app on your device.
Q:- How to update TikTok Apk File?
A:- You will receive an in-app notification whenever there is a new update available. Simply tap on the notification and the latest version would be downloaded on your device.
A lot of people have started searching for TikTok Apk after the official ban imposed by the Government Of India. We hope you were able to download and install the TikTok apk on your device using the steps mentioned in this article. Let us know if you’re facing any issues or need help with anything else.