There is a lot of Digital Audio Workstation software available out there. Many among them are free whereas others are paid ones. However, not any single Digital Audio Workstation software is capable of impressing everyone who works with such software, with the exception of “Garageband”. Despite lacking some of the cutting edge features of its competitors, Garageband is still considered one of the best Digital Audio Workstation software out there and today we are here with a detailed tutorial on how to download Garageband for PC (Windows 10, 7, 8) featuring the latest update for the software.
Why Garageband for PC/Windows 10?
The Garageband Digital Audio Workstation software is one of the best such tool available out there. The software is developed and released by Apple Inc. and was initially available for their Mac operating system and was later ported to the iOS operating system once iOS became popular.
Just after the launch of Garageband, the software became a huge success and people who owned a Mc and later an iOS device started using Garageband to create podcasts or music tracks etc. The main attraction with the Garageband software was its simplicity, like pretty much every other software products developed by Apple.
Is there an Official Version of Garageband for PC/Windows 10, 7, 8?
Despite being one of the best and most popular Digital Audio Workstation software out there, sadly there is no official version of Garageband for PC/Windows 10, 7 or 8. As the Garageband software is developed by Apple Inc., it is exclusive to devices powered by the MacOS and iOS. So devices like the Apple iPhone, iPad and Mac powered machines can run the Garageband software easily without any hassles.
Garageband for PC Alternatives:
There are many Garageband for PC alternatives out there. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Mixcraft: Mixcraft is a really popular Garageband for PC alternative. There is an official version of Mixcraft available for all the latest Windows OS versions and also features all the awesome features of Garageband. This software is available as a free trial and also as $90 premium software.
- Audiotool: Yet another popular Garageband for PC alternative, Audiotool is an online tool that helps you create awesome music. The data is stored in the cloud so that you can access your personal music data anywhere across any devices that you own.
The above mentioned are two of the most common Garageband for PC alternatives. Even other software like Ableton and Cubase are well-known Garageband for PC alternatives.
Download Garageband for PC Free
Even though there is no official version of Garageband for PC/ Windows 7, 8 and 10, you can still download and enjoy the Garageband software on Windows PC by following the tutorials below. However, before you go ahead with the tutorials below on how to download Garageband for PC, do make sure that your PC has the minimum systems requirements to run the Garageband software, which are:
- Windows OS version 7.0 or later.
- Minimum 2GB RAM (4GB is recommended).
- Minimum Intel Core i3 chipset (Intel Core i5 is recommended).
- Minimum 2GB available free memory space on hard disk.
Garageband for Windows 7
You can download Garageband for Windows 7 with the help of Rare Software. The Rare Software is a downloader platform available online that lets you download Mac and iOS software and apps on Windows PC.
- To download the Garageband for Windows 7, visit the Rare Software page link for GarageBand for PC by clicking here.
- Click on the “Download” option that is available in the page.
- Once the download is complete, launch the installer that you just finished downloading.
- Select the destination folder for the Garageband for Windows 7 software.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Congratulations, you have now completed installing Garageband for Windows 7.
Garageband for Windows 8
To download Garageband for Windows 8, you can make use of the BlueStacks Android Emulator for Windows software.
- To download Garageband for Windows 8, go to BlueStacks website by clicking here.
- Download and install the BlueStacks Android Emulator on your Windows PC.
- Launch the BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC.
- Sign in to the software using your Google Account credentials.
- In the search bar that is provided within the BlueStacks software window, type in “Garageband” and press Enter.
- From the search results that appear, click on the authentic Garageband app icon and then choose to install the app on your PC.
That is all. Once the installation is complete, you can then launch and start using the Garageband for Windows 8 app without facing any issues.
Garageband for Windows 10
To download Garageband for Windows 10, we make use of the iPadian iOS Emulator for Windows PC.
- To download Garageband for Windows 10, download the iPadian iOS Emulator on your Windows PC from here.
- Once installed, launch the iPadian app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Search for the keyword “Garageband” from within the iPadian app.
- From the search results, find the original Garageband iOS app and click on the “Install” button to install the app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
After the installation completes, you can then start using the Garageband for Windows 10 application for free!
Garageband for Windows Download
The three methods to download Garageband for Windows PC works on all the Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 versions. So in case any one of the above listed ways to download Garageband on Windows is not working on PC, we suggest you try the other ways to download Garageband for PC that is listed above. In any given case, any one of the three methods listed above will work without fail.
Hope you found this article on how to download Garageband for PC (Windows 7, 8, 10) helpful. If you have any doubts on the above article, please do leave a comment below explaining your issue.