About Aptoide Apk:
The name Aptoide which seems similar to android is a store for mobile applications on Android devices. The Google Play Store is the default app store for the Android Operating System. As an alternative to the Play Store, Aptoide is the other marketplace for mobile applications that run on the Android Operating System.
As you know Play Store is a unique and centralized store for every Android user on any Android device like Smart Phone or Tablet computer. But Aptoide is not like that. Aptoide has may number of stores as of the users. Each user in Aptoide manages their own store.
Aptoide is available in different versions for various type of devices. Aptoide for Smartphones and tablets, Aptoide TV for Smart Tv’s and, Aptoide VR and Aptoide Kids designed for children’s devices.
Aptoide was initially released on November 17th, 2009. It was developed in Java by Aptoide company. It is an Open source software available in Multiple languages. The app is available for Platforms ARM and Android-x86. The app is introduced in Bazaar Android site by the end of 2010. with the support of the Bazaar site, the Aptoide has come up with the capability of users creating their own store. The Aptoide has finally merged with the Bazaar Android in August 2012 for better communication.
The Aptoide can be considered as a platform for many other apps that are not found in the Google Play Store. This platform is available in over 40 different languages. The users have crossed 200 million in 2017 and 6 million accumulated downloads. Adding up the Applications available over various stores, there are 8,00,000 Android apps in the Aptoide.
In 2017, Aptoide has gone through an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) study to support in developing a blockchain-base protocol, the AppCoins. Appcoins is an open-source protocol.
Aptoide is an open source application and there are many other applications inheriting this concept of multiple stores such as F-Droid. In these apps, the communication between the client and servers is done using an XML based protocol.
The application is Licensed with GNU General Public License 2.0 and was available as one of the Android Marketplace similar to Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore.
The idea of Aptoide is emerged from the APT packaging manager, with the capability of working with multiple repositories or sources. The users can access multiple repositories or packages. When the user wants an application, he can use the client for fetching the Sources (Stores here)where the required application is stored. As the idea of APT packaging manager is used for developing the app, the name also derived from that idea “APT” (The Debian package manager) and “oide” is taken from the last syllable of Android forming “Aptoide”.
Aptoide client allows the user to search, browse and install applications in your Android device. It allows the user to add stores (repositories). When you add the store by using the URL of the store, the list of the applications and stores it locally. And for other stores, the user can browse the app through the internet and can continue the same.
Aptoide Uploader was released in June 2011. It can be said as a sister application came out from the same development team. This Aptoide uploader allows users to upload applications to an existing Aptoide store. Aptoide uploader internally uses the Aptoide Webservices to upload the application. This uploaded or submitted apk file is kept in the user’s store where the user can manage it.
Aptoide also provides its users with a provision of backing up their apps to a private store. For this purpose, the users are advised to use Aptoide apps backup which keeps a record of all the apps that are backed up. All the apps in the stores are managed by a back office available in the Aptoide site. Aptoide apps backup also uses the Aptoides web services to upload the apk files to the store.
For knowing whether the application is already backed up or not, Aptoide apps backup uses the info.xml file which is also available in the store itself. This info.xml file is the communication between the Android client applications and the store. The basic info about the apps in the store and all the apps present in the store are listed in this file. Other two files named extra.xml and stats.xml are also available in the store. extra.xml has information like a full detailed description of the apps. stats.xml has the information on the number of downloads and likes are there for the available apps.
How to Download and Install Aptoide Apk for Android devices:
Aptoide apk is not available for download in the Google Play store. It should be downloaded from the official site www.aptoide.com. As this app is not available in the Play Store, this app is not considered to be a known source of download. Hence, you need to allow the Unknown sources option in the Security section of the Settings menu.
The application is not available in Play Store due to 4.5 Non-complete clause of Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement. For not completing the same clause, Amazon Appstore application is also not available through the Google Play store. This encourages the Aptoide app to expect for allowing installations from unknown sources.
The step-wise guide for downloading Aptoide Apk on Android device is mentioned below.
Steps for Downloading and installing Aptoide:
- Prior to the download, you need to change some settings.
- Open the settings menu on your device.
- Scroll over to find the security section and click on it.
- You now in the security settings tab.
- Fetch there for Unknown sources option and click on it.
- You will find a toggle button on the right corner of the Unknown sources option.
- Toggle it to on. By this, you are allowing the download from the Unknown sources on to your Android device.
- Now go for the official website of Aptoide, www.aptoide.com.
- There you find the download of it and click on it.
- The apk will be downloaded on to the storage of your device.
- Find it in the downloads folder or the location is ? and click on it to run the apk.
- As you allowed the Unknown sources, you will not be prompted with any warning and the app will be installed on to your device. There ends the process of downloading and installing Aptoide apk on to your Android Smartphone or Tablet or any other Android device.
How to Use Aptoide Apk for Android Devices:
Once the app is downloaded the next question that arises is how to use it. As on the Google Play Store, you can find apps in the Aptoide. And in extension, it also has many more features than in the Play Store. In Aptoide there are default apps available for download, Various stores available created by different users.
As a user, you can perform different types of actions on the Aptoide. They include,
- You can become a user in the application by creating an account.
- You can download the applications available in the Aptoide by default.
- You can view the list of stores created by users.
- You can fetch for the specific store that you want and can download applications from that store.
- You can create a new store with a package of apps that you have developed.
- You can upload your app to the existing Stores in the Aptoide.
The downloading and installing application is enough for downloading the apps available in it. There is no need for registration or login for using the app. But there is o loss of creating the account which in turn provides you with some added advantages.
Requirements of Aptoide Apk:
To download Aptoide apk on to your device, these are the requirements.
Allowing installation from unknown sources by changing settings.
The app installation requires a storage space of 23 MB on your device storage.
The device should be running on Android Operating System. The minimum version of Operating System required is Android 4.0.3.
Features of Aptoide Apk:
The main features of Aptoide apk are as follows:
- There are millions of apps available that can be downloaded directly onto your phone.
- The paid applications found in the Google Play Store are found free applications here.
- There is a possibility for searching by thematic stores.
- Here are the thousands of applications that cannot be found in any other marketplace.
- The app consists of a built-in search engine for easy fetching of any application.
- Aptoide allows you to discover the best apps, that are recommended by the editor or the apps that are popular at that moment.
- The app has incorporated with some security improvements to restrict the insertion of malware into the apps in the store easily.
- This can be said as the lite version that can avail you with the fastest app store in the world.
- Update tab is available to know if you have got the latest version of your installed apps.
- Stores tab is there for enabling the addition of repositories created by the third parties.
- Aptoide also has apps like youtube video downloader apps and many more which are not available in the Google Play Store for not following the terms and conditions of Google.
As from the above features and functionalities of the Aptoide, it is not less than a Play Store app. But the only thing is that Google is the brand that we trust and so is the Play Store valued. Coming to the Aptoide there is no such trustworthiness which doesn’t mean it is not worthy. It is more valuable in some scenarios compared to the Google Play Store.