Now a day, the hackers have potential to convert your nondescript blog or website into a malicious spy bot within few minutes. You can easily hack your personal information on your site and they can manipulate or destroy it easily. They inject your contents with some malicious links. They can also hijack the hosting server.
So you can see that our information on a blog is not safe. But you need not worry about it as there are some procedures that you can perform to make your website more secure from hackers. You can prevent your site from becoming a target for online vandals. Here we have 5 security tips to protect your website from hackers.
Best 5 Tips to Secure our Website
Today, the rate of cybercrime is increasing and that why we need to do something to protect our site from being hacked. There is lots of hosting service providers like Joomla hosting who promise to give you secure hosting.
Here we have some tips to secure your site:
- Update all software: There are some CMS providers like Joomla hosting and WordPress who try to release regular updates and patches which make their software more secure or you can say less vulnerable to attacks. So you need to ensure that you run latest updates of software. This will make your site secure.
- Construct Different Layers of Security: In order to make your content safe, you should have a security system. It will act as the first line of defense against hackers. Firewall is one of them as it inspects the incoming traffic and keeps out the malicious request. These security systems protect your system from SPAM, SQL injection, brute force attacks, cross-site scripting, etc.
- Change Password Regularly: Firstly, you need to make a strong password and change it regularly. Making a strong password is one of the most effective ways to limit the brute force and dictionary attacks. You should need alphanumeric characters, upper, lower case characters, and symbols. Your password could be at least 12 characters long.
- Server form Validation/side Validation: the validation on browser and server side should always be done. It might be possible that browser can catch simple failures like when you submit text into number only field and mandatory field which are empty. So you must check for these validations carefully.
- File Uploads: The files uploaded by the users on your website can prove to be a huge security risk. The file may be simple but it could contain a script that when executed on your server may open your website. So you need to treat all the files with great suspicion as you cannot rely on the file extension.
Today, hackers have lots of ways to corrupt or manipulate our information and personal data. So you should be more careful with your site security. On the other hand, we have some simple security trick to make our data secure as mentioned above in the article.