COMEDK is one of the numerous states exams held in India. COMEDK is termed as Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. This is a under graduate entrance test which is conducted annually. This exam is conducted for merit determination of students. Now a day there are more 150 engineering colleges, 23 Dental and 14 Medical Colleges which consist of 20,000 seats which are affiliated to COMEDK. The effective admission process involves the COMEDK exam for the selection of candidates.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the COMEDK?
There are certain conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidates to give COMEDK exam. These conditions are as follows:-
- For COMEDK UGET B. E. /B. Arch admission, the candidate should have to pass Second PUC, 12th or equivalent exam which has been approved by Central Government.
- The candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics as major subjects. Chemistry and Physics are compulsory subjects whereas the applicant can choose from Mathematics, Biotechnology and Biology as third optional subjects.
- As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate should pass with an aggregate of 45% marks for general category students and 40% marks for SC, ST and OBC candidates who belong to the Karnataka State.
- The student should have to attempt the COMEDK entrance test if he/she wants to be enlisted in the rank list.
- There is no lateral entry available and the diploma candidates are not eligible to appear in the entrance exam.
COMEDK Admit Card
The COMEDK application form is available on the official website and the candidate can easily fill that form. Similarly, the admit card can be available on the official website of COMEDK UGET. When you try to download the admit card, two questions can be asked:-
- Email ID/Username as registered in application form.
When you download the admit card then you should have to check some details. The details that should be mentioned in the Admit card are:-
- Candidate Name
- Candidate Address
- Candidate Photo
- Test Admission Ticket Number
- Test Centre Details
- Test Timings
- ID Proof Details
The application fee is different according to the choice of student (PCM or PCB or PCMB). The application fees are as follows:-
- For PCM and PCB the candidate should have to pay Rs. 1200
- For PCMB candidates, they have to pay Rs. 1500.