Institute of Banking Personnel Recruitment (IBPS) Department set up IBPS Clerks Exam for 19243 posts in the Month of December.All the candidates who have successfully submitted their applications for IBPS recruitment 2017can check IBPS clerk exam pattern and other details further in this article.
- IBPS Clerk 2017 will be held in the first and second week of December 2017.
- It will be conducted online in two phases: Preliminary & Main Examination.
- Candidates who will qualify IBPS Preliminary will be eligible to appear in IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains in the third week of January 2018.
- The examination will be computer-based, i.e. onlineand will be published in both English and Hindi languages.
- The Preliminary examination will be of 60 minutes duration.
- It will contain questions from subjects including English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude and will carry a total of 100 multiple choice questions of 100 marks in the Mains exam.
- There will be questions from Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Mains stage will carry a total of 200 multiple choice questions of 200 marks with time duration of 120 minutes.
- One mark will be awarded for each right answer whereas 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer from the candidate’s score.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
Subjects in in the IBPS clerical examination are Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.Out of these, the syllabus for Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English language is same for both, Prelims as well as the Mains. The General Awareness will be based on the Banking Sector awareness. Candidates should prepare according to the syllabus given below:
|English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||Computer||General Awareness|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements||History and Generation of Computers||Banking and Insurance Awareness|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality||Introduction to Computer Organisation||Financial Awareness|
|Fillers||Quadratic Equations||Syllogism||Computer Hardware and I/O Devices||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding||Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS||Current Affairs|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Operating System, Internet||Static Awareness|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Direction sense||Computer Network & Security||–|
|–||–||Order and Ranking||MS Office Suit and Short cut keys||–|
|–||–||–||Computer Memory, Computer Software||–|
|–||–||–||Number System and Conversions||–|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 will be conducted in two phases, viz Preliminary and Mains. The exam primarily tests a candidate’s Aptitude, Problem Solving Skills, Analytical Skills and Language Proficiency.
- Candidates who will appear for IBPS Clerk 2017 must be aware of the exam pattern in order to answer correctly on the day of examination.
- The entrance test will be held in December 2017.
- Candidates must be aware of the structure of the paper so that they are able to prepare effectively for the recruitment test.
- Candidates who will qualify in both these exams will be selected for the post.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Preliminary exam will be an online exam. The question paper will contain 100 MCQs of one mark each. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The total time duration for this paper will be 60 Minutes. Exam Paper will be divided into three sections:
- Reasoning and
- Quantitative Aptitude.
A candidate is required to clear the cut off of each section to qualify for IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains exam.
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions|
IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains exam will also be an online exam. There will be 200 Multiple Choice Questions of one mark each in the question paper. Candidates must remember that there will be negative marking as well and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will be given 120 minutes for this and each section will have separate timing. Exam paper will be divided into five sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) and
- Computer Knowledge
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|2||English Language||40||25 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||20||25 minutes|
|4||General Awareness(with special reference to Banking Industry)||40||25 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||40||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2017 Marking Scheme
IBPS Prelims Marking Scheme
IBPS Prelims exam will be of 100 marks in total. One mark will be awarded to the candidate for each right answer while 0.25 mark will be deducted from his score for every wrong one.
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
IBPS Mains Marking Scheme
IBPS Mains question paper will be of 200 marks in total. One mark will be awarded to the candidates for each right answer whereas 0.25 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s score for every wrong answer.
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)||40||40|
IBPS ClerkExam Important Instructions
Given below are some important instructions for IBPS clerk examthat the candidates should follow for the successful completion of this exam.
- Candidates will only be allowed to appear at the examination center allotted to him/her in the Admit Card and nowhere else.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose Admit Card is not issued by IBPS.
- Candidates whose Admit Card is not issued by IBPS won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of examination.
- After the invigilator has verified IBPS Clerk 2017 Admit Card of the candidate, he must sign on the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator and mention the hall ticket number also.
- Candidatesmust follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination room.
- Candidates should not indulge in any argument with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination center.
- No candidate should either talk to each other or discuss any matter during the examination.
- No candidate should disturb other candidates in the examination room. He/she should maintain complete silence during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic device and study material at examination hall like (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
- The decision of IBPS shall be final in all matters.