HTC HD2 Smartphone has received the latest Android 4.1 Jellybean update. Be warned that this is not an Official firmware update released by HTC but it is a custom ROM released by third party ROM developers. There is no official news on the release of an official update. But, we will let you know, when it comes. As it is a beta release, there will be some bugs which will be fixed with new releases. Recently, we saw various custom ROMs and also in the coming few days we will be checking out the similar stuff. You can install this firmware only in rooted devices and they should have the clock work mod recovery installed.
Disclaimer: Please follow the instructions mentioned, carefully. If you do, there is very less chance of your device getting bricked. If it does, we can’t be held responsible for that. Please don’t apply this update to a network locked device, else you may lock or even brick the device.
Make sure that you carry out all the essentials and the process as mentioned by us. This process has been written by our writers at this blog and the procedure is referenced from many reliable android development forums like XDA, CM etc. We are not responsible in case you brick your device. It is highly unlikely that you brick your device, if you follow all the steps properly mentioned here.
- These Steps are only applicable for HTC HD2 Smartphone.
- Make sure that you backup up your ROM. You can use Nandroid for this.
- Using Contacts Backup, you can back up the other important stuff like, your SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, APN Settings, and you can backup your favourite applications using Astro.
- Fully Charge your device. We don’t want your phone to turn off during the process. That would be disastrous.
- Make sure that you disable your antivirus software, because they might interrupt the process and also make sure that you uninstall kies before proceeding.
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development to enable USB Debugging on your device and connect the phone to your computer to make sure the device drivers are installed.
- You’ve to download the Jelly Bean 4.1 Package to your computer
- Connect your phone to your computer and transfer the downloaded file to the root memory of your phone. You can move it to the subfolders, but root memory is recommended.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- We’ve to go to the Boot loader mode, so turn off your device. Read the next step before proceeding with the restart.
- While restarting, press the Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button to enter into the boot loader mode of HTC HD2. Once you enter into boot loader mode, select the Option of RECOVERY from there to enter into recovery mode.
2. If the Phone reboots normally, then it means you’ve missed it. So, try again.
- While in recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset. You need to select the Wipe Cache partition option too.
- Next, select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card option. Now select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware Package which you’ve downloaded and moved to your phone previously
- After doing that, select Go Back and select the reboot system now option to complete the process.
So, you’re done with the update. If you face any issues, do let us know via comments.