Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECE) is a competitive examination that is organized under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act 1995. It is conducted every year for admissions in various professional courses of Medical, Engineering and Agricultural streams in the Institutes in the state of Bihar. It is a state level examination. It is conducted in two stages that is the stage 1 is the examination and stage two is also examination –
Stage 1 – There are 4 sections in the question paper. They are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. They will be in the form of Multiple Choice Questions. Total questions will be 200 and 50 will be from each section. You will get two hours and fifteen minutes to complete the exam. The exam is of total 600 marks. Physics and Chemistry is compulsory for all and Mathematics and Biology will be optional. There is negative marking i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Stage 2 – There will be 4 sections in this paper too but there will be 100 questions per subject. Each subject will be of 400 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Candidates qualifying both the stages will go for counselling.
BCECE counselling starts once after both the stages of examination have been through and results are out. Those who have cleared both stages get to sit in the counselling. Seats are allotted according to the rank. If after counselling there are any seats left then the state organizes second counselling. The notices for counselling are published in the newspaper. The following will give an idea up to what rank were this year’s student called for counselling.
This year the counselling for PCB students according to the rank was like this –
- 6th of August 2016 – DQ category ranking between 1 – 28
General category ranking between 1 – 200
- 7th of August 2016 – General category ranking between 201 – 462
ST category ranking between 1 – 10
- 8th of August 2016 – SC category ranking between 1 – 154
EBC category ranking between 1 – 270
- 9th of August 2016 – BC category ranking between 1 – 284
RCG category ranking between 1 – 230
Application Fee & Eligibility Criteria
Application fee for engineering candidates is Rs. 660 for general and OBC and it is Rs. 330 for SC & ST.
Application fee for medical students is Rs. 730 for general & OBC and it is Rs. 365 for SC & ST.
Eligibility criteria is as follows –
- The applicant must have passed 12th standard with 50 % aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology from a recognized board.
- The candidates must be at least 17 years old till the date 1st July of the year he or she is applying in. this is only for medical and agricultural courses.
Reservation is as follows –
- General – 50 %
- Scheduled Caste – 16 %
- Scheduled Tribe – 1 %
- Extremely Backward Classes – 18 %
- Backward Classes – 12 %
- Reserved Category Girls – 3 %
- Disabled Quota – 3 %
For More Information Visit: http://bceceboard.com/Home.php